Now Hiring: Community Manager
Be our community manager; come in at ground level and grow with the company. Your goal will be two-fold: ensuring our members have a delightful experience from sign-up to being in the space full-time, and growing our group of members to ensure we have a strong, vibrant community.
Job type: full-time, salaried
Goals and Objectives
- Be our community manager - come in at ground level and grow with the company
- Embody the values, spirit and voice of Colombo Cooperative
- Create a collaborative environment for existing and prospective members through events and personal introductions
- Reach and maintain occupancy goals for the coworking space
- Continuously grow the network of community members
- Ensure the space is fully operational and processes are running smoothly
Duties and Responsibilities
Community Management & Events
- Develop community initiatives designed to create connections between members, including member introductions, overseeing events, electronic and print communications, and building walk-throughs.
- Solve member-related issues to ensure a cohesive community and manage member expectations. Meet with members to resolve issues, process member terminations and other issues of complexity.
- Oversee events to ensure there is a good balance of educational, member appreciation, and lead generating and sales-related events and to review for adequate procedural safeguards for the protection of members and company assets.
- Proactively gather data on members' business objectives and identify member services that could help members achieve their objectives.
- Seek opportunities to engage members to discover and discuss members' objectives, i.e. using member service request as an opportunity to learn more about the member's business and any other needs member may have.
- Identify opportunities and act on them to connect members. Design and implement rules, guidelines and best practices for the community to optimize member experience.
- Recommend best practices, including but not limited community management, sales, events, training, and member experience on a company-wide level.
- Manage all building operations and communicate with market support to ensure the highest level of member satisfaction.
- Exercise discretion in guiding prospective members, including possibly gatekeeping where business may not be in the interests of the greater community.
- Resolve member complaints regarding other members through neutral fact investigation and process termination of membership when warranted.
- Explain policies and procedures to members, including but not limited membership agreement and billing procedures.
- Take responsibility for sales and community dynamics.
- Conduct tours to work towards and maintain 100% building occupancy when ACMs are unavailable.
- Lead tours for VIPs, i.e. guests of Colombo Cooperative.
- Engage in the larger community of the market by attending events and networking with local start-ups and organizations.
- Manage and maintain relationships with vendors and landlords.
About Colombo Cooperative
Colombo Cooperative is a club for creatives, rebels, freelancers, techies, artists, radicals, dreamers to come together, work on their dreams to reach their full potential. It's a space to focus, it's a space to collaborate, it's a space to be productive. We're excited to be a part of Sri Lanka's future!
We believe that the greatest things happen when the right people come together at the right time. We believe in taking that big risk and starting that new venture, even when it means giving up a comfortable, stable job. We believe in constant learning from different people and places, and approaching all situations with a growth mindset. We believe that reaching our full potential is a journey, not a destination; we believe that failures are our best lessons as long as we get back up and do better.
The Colombo Cooperative Crew embodies these beliefs; they're what drive us.
The Crew believes in themselves and in their fellow Crew members. They're constantly working on themselves, to be better at their art, their work, their hustle, their mission. They dream of a place where people treat each other equally no matter what. They value attention to detail and the energy of the space they're in; spaces change how they think and how they feel. They're explorers, adventurers, optimists, and YAY-sayers.
Not everyone is lucky enough to get the opportunity to work on their dream projects and passions, the Crew understands and is grateful for their circumstances, it gets them through the hard times. Crew members are honest, they trust and they love; they love their work, their life, and their fellow humans. They'll fail, learn, grow, and succeed. They will achieve their goals. They will accomplish their mission.
If you are this person, or want to be this person, we want you in the Colombo Cooperative Crew. Welcome in. Let's do big things together.
Experience and Requirements
- Customer service and sales experience
- Project management and business operations experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Passion and understanding for our mission and values